Friday, August 6, 2010

Demotivational Sandals

While North Face is better known for their winterwear, jackets and such, they make apparel for other seasons as well. In fact, my favorite (i.e. only) pair of sandals are a mediocre pair from North Face. They do their job, they're pretty comfortable, so I wear them I fair amount. Therefore, they get a fair bit of wear on them. Their slogan - "Never Stop Exploring" - has worn off a bit where the balls of my feet rub against the sole, so now one reads "Stop Exploring" and the other reads "Never Stop Explod", the capitol R wore off to just the round bit on there. So I have quite demotivational flip-flops.
In other news, my back is like tree bark currently. I got the nastiest sunburn when I was down in Myrtle Beach with my girlfriend last week. That night was actually quite terrible, I think I had a touch of dehydration sickness as well, so I was in a half-awake state of pain and delirium all night, collapsing in fits of hysteric laughter every couple of minutes. It was definately an experience. But in any case, it's better now. But it's peeling like heck. And I went to a party last night, and wouldn't you know it, a Truth or Dare dare required me to take off my shirt and hop like a bunny. In my case, a shaved bunny with a bad case of shingles. It wasn't pleasant for all involved, I'm sure.
Started listening to the Scott Mills Daily this week, I appreciate their Britishness. And just about everything else about them. Anyone who's brilliant enough to combine the Jason Bourne trilogy and the music of ABBA in a one-man show is worth listening to, in my book.
My iPod is annoying when I want to listen to music on shuffle and something that my middle school band played years ago comes up. Or vise versa. But usually the former.

Song of the Day: Melectric - Ramona Falls
Word of the Day: Collective
Webcomic of the Day: Natalie Dee analyzes the itsy bitsy spider.

No comments:

Post a Comment