Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My Life Isn't Interesting

My phone is on the cusp of death. I suppose it's entitled to be in such a state, it's been through a fair bit over the past couple of days. First, a week ago Thursday, I dropped it in a gutter during a frackinintense thunderstorm, where it was until it was found several hours later by a charitable cross-country runner. I should've kept better tabs on it, but in my defense, the gutter was a fracking white water river at that point, so I wouldn't have been able to find it even if I did notice I lost it. Luckily, the aforementioned C.C.C.R. gave it to a friend of mine, who in turn dropped it off at my house. And amazingly, although it was probly severely mentally (ADVERBS DO NOT WANT) traumatized by its experience, it still worked. The disconnect button didn't work, but I could function around that.
And then I screwed it over. In my Tuesday-morning rush to get ready for band camp, I pulled on the nearest pair of canvas shorts I could find, not realizing that they were an unwashed pair of converted swim trunks I wore at the beach ages ago. Being unwashed, they still had large quantities of sand - really really really fracking FINE sand, I might add - in the pockets. Oblivious to that fact, I proceeded to jam my pockets full of marching band supplies, most relevant of which was, you guessed it, my phone. By the time I realized this, my phone was basically a sour Skittle inside and out. Currently it's on life support - it'll only halfheartedly function when it's plugged in to a charger. Battery issue probs. I'll take it to a verizon store sometime soon, hopefully it was a good omen that my girlfriend got her iPhone replaced for free earlier this week.
In other news, one of my best friends moved to France today, he's actually probably in the middle of his flight right now. He's one of the cooler people I've ever met, but for some reason it hasn't really gotten to me yet, emotionally. It'll probably hit me once the school year starts, when his absence will be pointedly apparent. I miss him already though.
Marching band inside is kind of fun, especially when I'm an endpoint in a really complex and awesome move.

Song of the day: Taller Children - Elizabeth and the Catapault
Words of the day: Doubt

No comments:

Post a Comment